Like every month, there is an update for the GlusterFS 3.8 stable version. A few more bugfixes have been included in this release. Packages are already available for many distributions, some distributions might still need to promote the update from their testing repository to release, so hold tight if there is no update for your favourite OS yet.
Release notes for Gluster 3.8.12This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 3.8.3, 3.8.4, 3.8.5, 3.8.6, 3.8.7, 3.8.8, 3.8.9, 3.8.10 and 3.8.11 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
Bugs addressedA total of 13 patches have been merged, addressing 11 bugs:
- #1440228: NFS Sub-directory mount not working on solaris10 client
- #1440635: Application VMs with their disk images on sharded-replica 3 volume are unable to boot after performing rebalance
- #1440810: Update rfc.sh to check Change-Id consistency for backports
- #1441574: [geo-rep]: rsync should not try to sync internal xattrs
- #1441930: [geo-rep]: Worker crashes with [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '.gfid/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001/dir.166 while renaming directories
- #1441933: [Geo-rep] If for some reason MKDIR failed to sync, it should not proceed further.
- #1442933: Segmentation fault when creating a qcow2 with qemu-img
- #1443012: snapshot: snapshots appear to be failing with respect to secure geo-rep slave
- #1443319: Don't wind post-op on a brick where the fop phase failed.
- #1445213: Unable to take snapshot on a geo-replicated volume, even after stopping the session
- #1449314: [whql][virtio-block+glusterfs]"Disk Stress" and "Disk Verification" job always failed on win7-32/win2012/win2k8R2 guest