The Gluster releases follow a 3-month cycle and, with alternating Short-Term-Maintenance and Long-Term-Maintenance versions. GlusterFS 3.8 is currently the oldest Long-Term-Maintenance release, and will become End-Of-Life with the GlusterFS 3.12 version. If all goes according to plan, 3.12 will get released in August and is the last 3.x version before Gluster 4.0 hits the disks.
There will be a few more releases in the GlusterFS 3.8 line, but users should start to plan an upgrade to a version that receives regular bugfix updates after August.
Release notes for Gluster 3.8.13This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 3.8.3, 3.8.4, 3.8.5, 3.8.6, 3.8.7, 3.8.8, 3.8.9, 3.8.10, 3.8.11 and 3.8.12 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
Bugs addressedA total of 13 patches have been merged, addressing 8 bugs:
- #1447523: Glusterd segmentation fault in ' _Unwind_Backtrace' while running peer probe
- #1449782: quota: limit-usage command failed with error " Failed to start aux mount"
- #1449941: When either killing or restarting a brick with performance.stat-prefetch on, stat sometimes returns a bad st_size value.
- #1450055: [GANESHA] Adding a node to existing cluster failed to start pacemaker service on new node
- #1450380: GNFS crashed while taking lock on a file from 2 different clients having same volume mounted from 2 different servers
- #1450937: [New] - Replacing an arbiter brick while I/O happens causes vm pause
- #1460650: posix-acl: Whitelist virtual ACL xattrs
- #1460661: "split-brain observed [Input/output error]" error messages in samba logs during parallel rm -rf