GlusterFS 3.5.2beta1 has just been released. This is the first beta to allow users to verify the fixes for the bugs that were reported. See the bug reports below for more details on how to test and confirm the fix (or not).
- 1096020: NFS server crashes in _socket_read_vectored_request
- 1100050: Can't write to quota enable folder
- 1103050: nfs: reset command does not alter the result for nfs options earlier set
- 1105891: features/gfid-access: stat on .gfid virtual directory return EINVAL
- 1111454: creating symlinks generates errors on stripe volume
- 1112111: Self-heal errors with "afr crawl failed for child 0 with ret -1" while performing rolling upgrade.
- 1112348: [AFR] I/O fails when one of the replica nodes go down
- 1112659: Fix inode leaks in gfid-access xlator
- 1112980: NFS subdir authentication doesn't correctly handle multi-(homed,protocol,etc) network addresses
- 1113007: nfs-utils should be installed as dependency while installing glusterfs-server
- 1113403: Excessive logging in quotad.log of the kind 'null client'
- 1113749: client_t clienttable cliententries are never expanded when all entries are used
- 1113894: AFR : self-heal of few files not happening when a AWS EC2 Instance is back online after a restart
- 1113959: Spec %post server does not wait for the old glusterd to exit
- 1114501: Dist-geo-rep : deletion of files on master, geo-rep fails to propagate to slaves.
- 1115369: Allow the usage of the wildcard character '*' to the options "nfs.rpc-auth-allow" and "nfs.rpc-auth-reject"
- 1115950: glfsheal: Improve the way in which we check the presence of replica volumes
- 1116672: Resource cleanup doesn't happen for clients on servers after disconnect
- 1116997: mounting a volume over NFS (TCP) with MOUNT over UDP fails
- 1117241: backport 'gluster volume status --xml' issues
- 1120151: Glustershd memory usage too high
The following configuration changes are necessary for qemu and samba integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:
gluster volume set
restarting the volume is necessary
gluster volume stop
gluster volume start
/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.volto contain this line:
option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on
restarting glusterd is necessary
service glusterd restart
More details are also documented in the Gluster Wiki on the Libgfapi with qemu libvirt page.
For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator at the client side needs to be disabled.
libgfapi clients calling
glfs_finibefore a successfull
glfs_initwill cause the client to hang as reported here. The workaround is NOT to call
glfs_finifor error cases encountered before a successfull
/var/run/glusterdirectory does not exist enabling quota will likely fail (Bug 1117888).