Even though GlusterFS 3.6.0 has been released last week, the 3.5 stable series continues to live on! The 2nd beta for GlusterFS 3.5.3 is now available for testing. Many bugs have been fixed since the 3.5.2 release, check the references below for details.
Bug reporters are encouraged to verify the fixes, and we invite others to test this beta to check if there are no regressions. Please see the announcement email for further information. When the release proves to be stable, a final 3.5.3 will be made available in a week or so.
Packages for different distributions can be found on the main download server.
Release Notes for GlusterFS 3.5.3This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.5.0, 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.5 stable release.
- 1081016: glusterd needs xfsprogs and e2fsprogs packages
- 1100204: brick failure detection does not work for ext4 filesystems
- 1126801: glusterfs logrotate config file pollutes global config
- 1129527: DHT :- data loss - file is missing on renaming same file from multiple client at same time
- 1129541: [DHT:REBALANCE]: Rebalance failures are seen with error message " remote operation failed: File exists"
- 1132391: NFS interoperability problem: stripe-xlator removes EOF at end of READDIR
- 1133949: Minor typo in afr logging
- 1136221: The memories are exhausted quickly when handle the message which has multi fragments in a single record
- 1136835: crash on fsync
- 1138922: DHT + rebalance : rebalance process crashed + data loss + few Directories are present on sub-volumes but not visible on mount point + lookup is not healing directories
- 1139103: DHT + Snapshot :- If snapshot is taken when Directory is created only on hashed sub-vol; On restoring that snapshot Directory is not listed on mount point and lookup on parent is not healing
- 1139170: DHT :- rm -rf is not removing stale link file and because of that unable to create file having same name as stale link file
- 1139245: vdsm invoked oom-killer during rebalance and Killed process 4305, UID 0, (glusterfs nfs process)
- 1140338: rebalance is not resulting in the hash layout changes being available to nfs client
- 1140348: Renaming file while rebalance is in progress causes data loss
- 1140549: DHT: Rebalance process crash after add-brick and `rebalance start' operation
- 1140556: Core: client crash while doing rename operations on the mount
- 1141558: AFR : "gluster volume heal <volume_name> info" prints some random characters
- 1141733: data loss when rebalance + renames are in progress and bricks from replica pairs goes down and comes back
- 1142052: Very high memory usage during rebalance
- 1142614: files with open fd's getting into split-brain when bricks goes offline and comes back online
- 1144315: core: all brick processes crash when quota is enabled
- 1145000: Spec %post server does not wait for the old glusterd to exit
- 1147156: AFR client segmentation fault in afr_priv_destroy
- 1147243: nfs: volume set help says the rmtab file is in "/var/lib/glusterd/rmtab"
- 1149857: Option transport.socket.bind-address ignored
- 1153626: Sizeof bug for allocation of memory in afr_lookup
- 1153629: AFR : excessive logging of "Non blocking entrylks failed" in glfsheal log file.
- 1153900: Enabling Quota on existing data won't create pgfid xattrs
- 1153904: self heal info logs are filled with messages reporting ENOENT while self-heal is going on
- 1155073: Excessive logging in the self-heal daemon after a replace-brick
- 1157661: GlusterFS allows insecure SSL modes
- The following configuration changes are necessary for 'qemu' and 'samba vfs plugin' integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:
gluster volume set <volname> server.allow-insecure on
- restarting the volume is necessary
gluster volume stop <volname>
gluster volume start <volname>
/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.volto contain this line:
option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on
- restarting glusterd is necessary
More details are also documented in the Gluster Wiki on the Libgfapi with qemu libvirt page.
service glusterd restart
- For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator at the client side needs to be disabled.
gluster volume set <volname> performance.open-behind disabled
- libgfapi clients calling
glfs_finibefore a successfull
glfs_initwill cause the client to hang as reported here. The workaround is NOT to call
glfs_finifor error cases encountered before a successfull
glfs_init. This is being tracked in Bug 1134050 for glusterfs-3.5 and Bug 1093594 for mainline.
- If the
/var/run/glusterdirectory does not exist enabling quota will likely fail (Bug 1117888).