23 bugs have been fixed. Once the fixes have been confirmed, we will do a real 3.5.4 (non-beta) release and update the packages in Fedora 20/21.
Release Notes for GlusterFS 3.5.4beta1This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.5 stable release.
- 1092037: Issues reported by Cppcheck static analysis tool
- 1101138: meta-data split-brain prevents entry/data self-heal of dir/file respectively
- 1115197: Directory quota does not apply on it's sub-directories
- 1159968: glusterfs.spec.in: deprecate *.logrotate files in dist-git in favor of the upstream logrotate files
- 1160711: libgfapi: use versioned symbols in libgfapi.so for compatibility
- 1161102: self heal info logs are filled up with messages reporting split-brain
- 1162150: AFR gives EROFS when fop fails on all subvolumes when client-quorum is enabled
- 1162226: bulk remove xattr should not fail if removexattr fails with ENOATTR/ENODATA
- 1162230: quota xattrs are exposed in lookup and getxattr
- 1162767: DHT: Rebalance- Rebalance process crash after remove-brick
- 1166275: Directory fd leaks in index translator
- 1168173: Regression tests fail in quota-anon-fs-nfs.t
- 1173515: [HC] - mount.glusterfs fails to check return of mount command.
- 1174250: Glusterfs outputs a lot of warnings and errors when quota is enabled
- 1177339: entry self-heal in 3.5 and 3.6 are not compatible
- 1177928: Directories not visible anymore after add-brick, new brick dirs not part of old bricks
- 1184528: Some newly created folders have root ownership although created by unprivileged user
- 1186121: tar on a gluster directory gives message "file changed as we read it" even though no updates to file in progress
- 1190633: self-heal-algorithm with option "full" doesn't heal sparse files correctly
- 1191006: Building argp-standalone breaks nightly builds on Fedora Rawhide
- 1192832: log files get flooded when removexattr() can't find a specified key or value
- 1200764: [AFR] Core dump and crash observed during disk replacement case
- 1202675: Perf: readdirp in replicated volumes causes performance degrade
- The following configuration changes are necessary for 'qemu' and 'samba vfs plugin' integration with libgfapi to work seamlessly:
gluster volume set <volname> server.allow-insecure on
- restarting the volume is necessary
gluster volume stop <volname>
gluster volume start <volname>
/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.volto contain this line:
option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on
- restarting glusterd is necessary
service glusterd restart
- For Block Device translator based volumes open-behind translator at the client side needs to be disabled.
gluster volume set <volname> performance.open-behind disabled
- libgfapi clients calling
glfs_finibefore a successful
glfs_initwill cause the client to hang as reported here. The workaround is NOT to call
glfs_finifor error cases encountered before a successful
glfs_init. This is being tracked in Bug 1134050 for glusterfs-3.5 and Bug 1093594 for mainline.
- If the
/var/run/glusterdirectory does not exist enabling quota will likely fail (Bug 1117888).