An other month has passed, and more bugs have been squashed in the 3.8 release. Packages should be available or arrive soon at the usual repositories. The next 3.8 update is expected to be made available just after the 10th of May.
Release notes for Gluster 3.8.11This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1, 3.8.2, 3.8.3, 3.8.4, 3.8.5, 3.8.6, 3.8.7, 3.8.8, 3.8.9 and 3.8.10 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
Bugs addressedA total of 15 patches have been merged, addressing 13 bugs:
- #1422788: [Replicate] "RPC call decoding failed" leading to IO hang & mount inaccessible
- #1427390: systemic testing: seeing lot of ping time outs which would lead to splitbrains
- #1430845: build/packaging: Debian and Ubuntu don't have /usr/libexec/; results in bad packages
- #1431592: memory leak in features/locks xlator
- #1434298: [Disperse] Metadata version is not healing when a brick is down
- #1434302: Move spit-brain msg in read txn to debug
- #1435645: Disperse: Provide description of disperse.eager-lock option.
- #1436231: Undo pending xattrs only on the up bricks
- #1436412: Unrecognized filesystems (i.e. btrfs, zfs) log many errors about "getinode size"
- #1437330: Sharding: Fix a performance bug
- #1438424: [Ganesha + EC] : Input/Output Error while creating LOTS of smallfiles
- #1439112: File-level WORM allows ftruncate() on read-only files
- #1440635: Application VMs with their disk images on sharded-replica 3 volume are unable to boot after performing rebalance